AA COVID CONFIDENT Scheme Supports Hospitality Sector
- COVID CONFIDENT accreditation open to hotels, restaurants, pubs, B&Bs, campsites, self-catering accommodation, golf courses and beyond as they prepare to reopen
- Free to all hospitality establishments, applicants are encouraged to make a donation to Hospitality Action
- 19 industry bodies back AA scheme, including UKHospitalityMaster Innholders, HOSPA, Institute of Hospitality, B&B Association, Glamping Association and the Tourism Alliance
The AA launched a COVID CONFIDENT assessment scheme to support the hospitality industry in re-establishing and rebuilding consumer confidence in the industry.
The AA COVID CONFIDENT accreditation will indicate to customers that an establishment has in place the necessary risk assessments, safety measures and staff training, in line with the Government and UKHospitality’s published guidelines, to reopen safely when permitted to do so by the Government. The scheme has already been backed by 19 industry bodies including: Master Innholders, HOSPA, Institute of Hospitality, B&B Association, Glamping Association, PASC, ASSC and the Tourism Alliance.
The AA COVID CONFIDENT scheme is open to all hospitality establishments that pass the AA’s stringent criteria, including: hotels; restaurants; pubs; B&Bs and guest accommodation; camping, glamping and holiday parks; self-catering accommodation; hostels; serviced apartments; attractions; and golf courses. The scheme is free to establishments, with applicants encouraged to make a donation to Hospitality Action here under the option “AA COVID-19 Accreditation”.
To be eligible for the AA COVID CONFIDENT scheme, establishments can apply via https://www.ratedtrips.com/aa-covid-confident and must meet the AA’s criteria, including:
- Supplying a risk assessment
- Being able to provide clear evidence that relevant procedures and measures are in place, and that staff training has taken place
- Completion of an online self-assessment and sign up to the COVID Confident Charter, a code of conduct that will include a commitment to continuing to update procedures and measures as guidelines change, and to submitting to future audits as required
The AA will be providing all those awarded a COVID CONFIDENT mark with regular updates on the latest Government guidelines, Health & Safety Executive Guidelines, and best practice.
Establishments with an AA COVID CONFIDENT mark will be listed on the AA’s consumer facing RatedTrips.com website, making accredited businesses easy for customers to find.
Simon Numphud, Managing Director at AA Media, commented: “COVID-19 has had a profound impact upon all those working in the hospitality sector. At the AA we are committed to supporting our colleagues across the industry as we work together to rebuild consumer confidence. We believe that many members of the public will be looking to enjoy days out, short breaks, eating out and other experiences as lockdown eases, but that confidence in the sector is vital. We hope that the COVID CONFIDENT scheme will be a valuable stepping stone for establishments to restore consumer confidence as lockdown eases.”
The scheme is open to all hospitality establishments. However, any establishment serving food will need to hold a food hygiene score of three and above to be eligible.
Additional Guidance and Resources
Not a member? Join Bira – for just £149