Rainy Day Trust
The Rainy Day Trust is the only charity which exists solely to help people who’ve worked in the UK’s home improvement and enhancement industry.
That includes businesses such as DIY shops, hardware stores, builders merchants, garden centres, cookshops, and all the manufacturers, distributors and retailers in the UK who supply them.
There are loads of great ways that the charity helps its beneficiaries, including:
- Financial support to help maintain a minimum quality of life
- Mobility equipment and installations
- Travel expenses to see distant relatives
- Nursing home or residential care fees
- Essential household maintenance
- Food hampers/supermarket vouchers at Christmas
- Assistance with utility bills
- Regular visits to beneficiaries
Some of those that benefit receive an annual award to help pay for healthcare costs. The Rainy Day Trust also make one-off grants to assist with specific expenses such as installing a stair lift, refitting a house for ground floor living, or unforeseen vehicle expenses.
Today, the charity helps an estimated one million eligible current and past employees. However, the disturbing news is that they’re experiencing a steady increase in applications for assistance from colleagues who’ve had their working lives tragically cut short due to the unforeseen diagnosis of debilitating diseases.
To discover more about this fantastic charity, or to donate, please visit www.rainydaytrust.org.uk