Rainy Day Trust
The Rainy Day Trust is the only charity which exists solely to help people who’ve worked in the UK’s home improvement and enhancement industry.
That includes businesses such as DIY shops, hardware stores, builders merchants, garden centres, cookshops, and all the manufacturers, distributors and retailers in the UK who supply them.
There are loads of great ways that the charity helps its beneficiaries, including:
- Financial support to help maintain a minimum quality of life
- Mobility equipment and installations
- Travel expenses to see distant relatives
- Nursing home or residential care fees
- Essential household maintenance
- Food hampers/supermarket vouchers at Christmas
- Assistance with utility bills
- Regular visits to beneficiaries
Some of those that benefit receive an annual award to help pay for healthcare costs. The Rainy Day Trust also make one-off grants to assist with specific expenses such as installing a stair lift, refitting a house for ground floor living, or unforeseen vehicle expenses.
Today, the charity helps an estimated one million eligible current and past employees. However, the disturbing news is that they’re experiencing a steady increase in applications for assistance from colleagues who’ve had their working lives tragically cut short due to the unforeseen diagnosis of debilitating diseases.
If you have a member of staff struggling with big problems and you want to be able to offer them extra support what are you going to do? Maybe your company can’t help financially. Maybe your company is full of sympathy but doesn’t have the resources to be able to assist properly. We can also help you navigate your way through the charity sector maze with information on where to look for all kinds of support and assistance. Make the most of our expertise in this sector.
How do the rainy day trust help?
- Grants and Financial Support
Financial assistance from one-off grants to modest annual awards.
- Apprenticeship Support
We support those learning new skills in apprenticeships within the home improvement sector.
- Fuel Poverty Help
Our fuel poverty help package is aimed at helping anyone who has to decide between eating and heating each winter.
- Legal Express
This is for staff members and their families who are having trouble finding and paying for legal advice.
- Telephone Counselling
Sometimes all your staff need is an understanding ear. Our telephone counselling can provide just that.
- Training and Skills
Our e-learning programmes are very well received.
- Free Welfare Benefits Calculator
If a member of staff or their family has lost their job, this is ideal to help them to ensure they receive the correct amount of benefits.
- Debt Advice
We provide free advice to your staff to help them to tackle debt and regain control of their finances.
Interested? Here’s how you can get involved:
There are quite a few ways in which you and your team can get involved. Here are a few ideas for starters:
- Request a meeting or a telephone chat with one of their members of staff to find out more
- Start telling your staff about the Rainy Day Trust
- Find out which staff members might be in need of our support
- Ask about printed materials we can provide.
- We can craft email content telling your staff about what we offer
- Become an ‘Ambassador’ for the Rainy Day Trust
- Volunteering for the Rainy Day Trust
- Through the ‘Give a Day of Your Time’ initiative.
- Of course, we’d be over the moon if you decided to get your staff involved in fund-raising for Rainy Day Trust. If you’d like some ideas on how to do this please get in touch.
To discover more about this fantastic charity, or to donate, please visit www.rainydaytrust.org.uk