In this Section:
COVID-19 Live Q&A: Managing Redundancies Compliantly
Date: Thu 21 Jan
Time: 2pm & 3pm
With further restrictions meaning an uncertain future for many hard-hit businesses, difficult decisions may need to be made regarding your workforce. Join the team behind Bira Legal for expert insight and practical advice.
Hosted by Ellis Whittam’s Employment Law Director, James Tamm, this virtual session will walk you through the essential elements of a fair redundancy process, including:
- The importance of putting together a water-tight business case and rationale;
- How to determine whether you are in fact in a redundancy situation;
- How to devise a fair pool for selection and identify those at risk;
- If you are making 20 or more staff redundant, the need for collective consultation and the formal process of electing representatives;
- How to create and apply fair, objective and non-discriminatory selection criteria (and criteria to avoid);
- The duty to consider alternative employment for those at risk; and
- Redundancy pay or the use of settlement agreements.
This webinar is free to attend. Simply click the button below and select the session most relevant to you with registering.
14:00 A single redundancy case: suitable for those who are making less than 20 employees redundant.
15:00 Collective redundancy: aimed at those who will be making 20 or more employees redundant.