In this Section:
Oxford Summer School – Academy
Date: Sat 17 Aug - Fri 23 Aug
Venue(s): Keble College, Oxford
The Academy is designed to deliver an inspirational experience that challenges and develops retail managers. The content encourages delegates to consider how they can more successfully affect the retail environment in which they work; specifically their own performance, the performance of their team and their ability to influence the commercial performance of their part of the company.
This school concentrates on enhancing the delegate’s understanding and management of the five key retail resources: People, Money, Marketing, Merchandise and Retail Space. Delegates will cover:
- People – Defining team roles and leadership characteristics, utilising a feedback model.
- Money – Analysis of cash flow forecasts, profit and loss accounts and interpreting key financial indicators.
- Marketing – Understand the importance of a strong brand.
- Merchandise – Participate in a merchandising exercise, which highlights the importance of getting the right stock in the right place at the right price.
- Retail channels – Devise the business proposition, layout, presentation and staffing of a new retail outlet and prepare a complete five-year sales and profit profile.
- Develop effective management styles
- Understand how they influence the team as a leader
- Gain new insights into the effective use of key retail levers e.g. space planning and sales densities, multi-channel trading, stock turn, cost control and profit management
- Formulate actions that will improve business performance
- Analyse and understand the importance of brands in marketing
- Understand, analyse and interpret key financial data and KPIs