In this Section:
Peak District & Derbyshire Towns & Business Forum On-line
Date: Thu 04 Jun
How do we build a sustainable recovery for the visitor economy in the Peak District & Derbyshire?
The short answer is by working together. For the longer answer, join us for the Towns & Business Forum Online.
We have local, national, and international speakers who will share their expertise and join in the discussions. Bira CEO, Andrew Goodacre will be joining the conversation, speaking on Health & Safety and the retail landscape.
We have guidance and tools to support your business and trading environment to survive this time of change and build a vibrant ‘new normal’ together. We don’t have all the answers, so bring us your ideas, suggestions and news too.
12 Weeks That Changed Everything, since our last Forum on 11th March
- Marketing Peak District & Derbyshire, what we are doing to support the local visitor economy during, and to recover from, the crisis. VisitBritain Safe Stay kite mark & domestic marketing campaign for when the time is right.
- Stronger Together Recovery Framework, How do we build a sustainable recovery?:
Crisis, Pre-Recovery, Recovery, Transformation. Simon Quinn, IPM
- Whaley Bridge Case Study, Lindsay Wetton, HPBC
- Collaboration & Cooperation to build resilience incl examples Simon Quinn, IPM
- Health & Safety: Staff, Customers, Suppliers, Premises, Public Realm Guidelines, Tools. Andrew Goodacre, Bira
- Enforcement TBC
- Confidence: Staff, Customers, Public Realm, Communications TBC
- IPM = Institute of Place Management which manages the High Street Task Force
- Getting back to work, what are you doing/offering/changing/looking for to help with, to get your business back up and running?)
- Shout from the Mountain Tops; how can we reach out and touch our customers hearts in an era of social distancing? Mary Murtagh
- An International Perspective; when will we see you again? Heather Skinner, Chair of the Visiting Places Group at IPM who is based in Corfu
- Getting the Support You Need; navigating the many grants, loans, schemes and training available to your business and personnel. Lisa Hoyland, D2N2 Growth Hub