London transport briefing for retail business
Following the Government’s recent announcement on the easing of existing lockdown measures, Transport For London (TFL) are working to safely and sustainably get London back to work. This toolkit sets out their latest travel advice for retail businesses, as well as sharing some tips for planning to return to work in the longer term.
NB. In line with new Government guidance, face coverings must be worn for the full duration of journeys on the public transport network.
Calling London retailers!
As employers you can help TFL by following their advice for retailers by:
- Considering staggering your staff start and finish times and store opening hours to help reduce the pressure during peak travel times across London (05:45-08:15 and 16:00-17:30)
- Where possible, encouraging and supporting your employees and customers to walk or cycle, even for only part of their journey. This will help
make space for those who have no alternative but to use public transport
- Considering the facilities you offer: lockers, showers and cycle storage enable your staff to walk, run or cycle to work
- Encouraging walking or cycling from mainline stations in central London, and so avoiding interchanging with the Tube or buses. You can find your nearest Santander Cycles docking station here
- Enabling all those who can work from home, such as administrative and head office staff, to continue to do so, in line with Government advice
- Instructing those of your employees who have no alternative to using public transport, or taxi and private hire services, to use a face covering. They should also be encouraged to carry hand sanitiser and wash their hands before and after they travel.
Additional Guidance and Resources: