Retail sector guidance published for Scotland
The Scottish Government has published its retail sector guidance to help prepare retail businesses to reopen.
The guidance is applicable to all retailers in Scotland with immediate effect and includes the proposal that stores of all sizes will be able to open up to 800m squared of sales area from ‘Phase 2’ of their lockdown exit plan.
Other key points from the guidance include:
- Retailers must undertake a Covid-19 risk assessment in consultation with staff
- There is a 39-point checklist to assist with the risk assessment
- Firms should put in place a re-start plan
- All stores to be allowed to open up 800m squared of sales area (from Phase 2 onwards – Scotland is currently in Phase 1)
- Guidance for customers has also been published
- The guidance will be reviewed every three weeks
For more guidance from the devolved governments click here