The benefits of buying through bira direct
There’s only one buying group that belongs to the British Independent Retailers Association (bira), and that’s ours.
On average our retailers can save over £1,518 when buying stock per year!
When it comes to buying stock for your retail business, there’s a lot to consider. Do you go direct? Or do you go through a buying group? As an independent business this can be a long and complicated process. From opening numerous accounts, to negotiating the best deals for your business, to choosing a buying group that actually cares about your interests, not their own. It’s a minefield!
But if you choose bira direct, you don’t need to worry about any of that, because we do all the hard work for you. You’ll enjoy bigger savings on leading brands, streamline your entire invoicing process, and get to spend more time doing what you enjoy – running your business.
We work with some of the UK’s leading suppliers, and will continue strengthening that group across all retail sectors. The stronger our offering, the more members will take advantage, the better it becomes for the independent retail sector.
The benefits of supplying our members through bira direct
When it comes to suppliers our aim is simple – we want to grow your business with independents. So as a Direct Promoted Supplier, you’ll benefit from:
- Access to an extensive database of potential customers that we’ll help you target
- Guaranteed payment without delay at the end of each month following invoice
- No bad debt risk – we assume this risk, subject to T&Cs
- Rapid account opening – with the minimum of paperwork
- No lengthy credit checks for individual members
- Proactive marketing support that advises you on the best possible routes for your company, as well as the option of a wide range of free and heavily discounted marketing services including advertising and targeted direct mail
- Discounted advertising
- Exclusive networking events and opportunities
- Significantly reduced administration costs – you can batch your invoices weekly or we can even accept electronic invoicing
- Exclusive entry in the bira Membership Directory (charge applies)