Inspirational retail thinking
bira members have the opportunity to learn new management skills, and develop existing ones in the inspirational learning environment of The Oxford Summer School (OSS).
The benefits of studying at the OSS:
- 25% discount for bira members
- Full and part funded scholarships available
- Track record of transforming careers at all levels
- Unique mix of retailers from different backgrounds, all learning together and from one another
- Each year it attracts some of the very best keynote speakers from the world of retail
- A range of retail management development programmes from first management roles through to the boardroom
- All programmes are created and delivered by retailers for retailers
The OSS offers a truly unparalleled learning experience. Since 1923 it’s been changing lives and transforming the careers of retail professionals, taking them from their first steps in retail management right through to board level director and beyond.
It’s the unique mix of retailers, large and small, combined with the historic Oxford setting that makes the whole experience so effective. OSS prides itself on the fact that many of its clients send their developing talent year on year to experience the unique programmes – a true testament to the quality training delivered by OSS.
Then there’s the fantastic line-up of keynote speakers, which in recent years has included the likes of Vanessa Gold (Ann Summers), Tom Joule (Joules), Justin King (Sainsbury’s), Jo Walker (Perfume Shop), Michael Ward (Harrods), Nick Robertson (ASOS), Martijn Bertisen (Google), Mark Price (Waitrose) and Laura Wade-Gery (Marks & Spencer).
To find out more, visit the Oxford Summer School website.