Contact us | Membership Enquiries 0800 028 0245 | Search

Self-Employment Income Support Scheme – what you need to claim it

The Government’s online portal to claim from the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) opened this morning (Wednesday, May 13).

Anyone eligible for this scheme should have received notification from HMRC via a letter, text message or email.

To make an application, claimants will need:

  • Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) – if you do not have this find out how to get your lost UTR
  • National Insurance number – if you do not have this find out how to get your lost National Insurance number
  • Government Gateway user ID and password – if you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you make your claim
  • UK bank details (only provide bank account details where a Bacs payment can be accepted) including:
    • bank account number
    • sort code
    • name on the account
    • your address linked to your bank account

Start the application process now

For all the latest government updates and much more, visit Bira’s Coronavirus hub
Coronavirus hub