Bira influences public debate, by monitoring and shaping new legislation through the Legal and Parliamentary Affairs Committee, keeping Bira members one step ahead.
We work hard to assist Government in its information-gathering activities, carrying out surveys of our members to find out how trade is for them and regularly appearing in local, national and trade press, on local and national radio and TV to give our members a unified voice.
Bira are also involved in:+
• Public debates and roundtables on a wide variety of issues.
• Appearances at fringe events at party conferences.
• Speeches and panel debates at conferences.
• Meetings with key bodies such as the Bank of England.
• The issue of press releases to help influence public opinion through the media.
• Use of social media to engage with a wide range of stakeholders.