Bira influences public debate, by monitoring and shaping new legislation through the Legal and Parliamentary Affairs Committee, keeping Bira members one step ahead.
We work hard to assist Government in its information-gathering activities, carrying out surveys of our members to find out how trade is for them and regularly appearing in local, national and trade press, on local and national radio and TV to give our members a unified voice.
Bira are also involved in:+
• Public debates and roundtables on a wide variety of issues.
• Appearances at fringe events at party conferences.
• Speeches and panel debates at conferences.
• Meetings with key bodies such as the Bank of England.
• The issue of press releases to help influence public opinion through the media.
• Use of social media to engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
Bira is calling for the Treasury to set up an emergency business fund to help those affected by coronavirus.
We have created a template email which can be sent to MPs before next week’s Budget to raise awareness and to ensure that business rates reform remains a Government priority. Simply find your local MP’s and their contact details then download the template letter and send to your local MP before Wednesday 11th March by email or post.
Click here to download